Saturday, February 03, 2007

In Good Company

A couple of seasons ago on Aqua Teen I animated a scene of an unsuspecting Meatwad rotating in a microwave. (Hey, it completed the set... I had already animated the 360 turnarounds on Frylock and Master Shake the year before) Since he doesn't have any distinguishing features to speak of on his seldom-seen non-talking side ('cept seeds) I sculpted up a little Meatwad to provide myself some reference on the scene using some meat-colored Super-Sculpey. But I didn't rotoscope it --and if you watch the episode it's pretty obvious-- I just "eyeballed it" and drew the different positions directly from turning the model in measured-off increments. It turned out a lot cartoonier than it would have if it'd been a straight roto...but it still had some real solidity to it. Do I have a clip?...eh, ...nope, but I DO have a pic of the Sculpey Microwave Meatwad hanging out with Gleep and Gloop from the Herculoids set on my bar. Just small talk. Nothing serious, I guarantee.

Just...hangin'.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I haven't watched AS in a few years (I miss Space Ghost and am very, very sad there aren't anymore dvds), but I damn near pissed my pants when I saw the lite brites.

11:37 PM  
Blogger C. Martin Croker said...

Me too. I was in line at the bank and actually saw the story break on Fox News ...Um, I mean...No comment! (There ARE more SGC2C DVDs in the works, btw.)

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First I heard of it was a text from my boyfriend that read "Aqua Teen Hunger Force caused a police response in Boston" and I was just thinkin' "Wait... what?"

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what's funny? I heard about the whole ATHF snafu on NPR as a news item on "All Things Considered." That was a first.

And as Herr Croker said, we are all anxiously awaiting the release of more SGC2C DVDs.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Silvolf said...

Your Meatwad sculpture is cute! I'm working with Premo Sculpy at the moment making dragons. I'm really looking forward to the A.T.H.F. movie! I just hope it comes to England. I found the whole Boston thing amusing, I was surprised about it when I first saw it on the [adult swim] boards and then saw it on the news later. I painted myself an Ignignokt sweatshirt in honour of it lol!

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Craig J. Clark said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Silvolf said...

I couldn't find where to comment on your latest post so I thought I would here. I'm a big Zorak fan and draw him a lot, I thought you may like to see a couple of pictures I drew of him. I would be honoured if you could take the time to look and tell me what you think. I know you are busy though so I understand if you don't have time.
Anyway, the first one is my take on Zorak http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pryno/index.html/silvolfstudios/ZorakMyStyle.jpg
And the second is Zorak in his prison pod on Cartoon Planet looking annoyed at Space Ghost http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50218379/

Best wishes,
~Lara AKA Silvolf

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home